Courses Offered - U. G.
Under Graduate Course - B. A., and B.S.W Degree (Semester Scheme)
Duration of course
The course of study for B. A. and B.S.W, degree shall extend over a period of 3 academic years, each academic year is comprised of two semesters and each semester is comprised of 16 weeks of class work, provided that the candidates completes her degree within six years from the date of admission to the first semester of the B. A., and B.S.W., degree course.
B. A., Course Structure
The students of B. A., Degree Course will study the following subjects or other subjects and course contents as may be prescribed by the university from time to time.
Kannada, English, Hindi, Sanskrit and Urdu.
Optional Subjects / Combinations
- HISTORY, ECONOMICS, POLITICAL SCIENCE
- HISTORY, ENGLISH (OPT.), JOURNALISM
- HISTORY, ENGLISH (OPT.), LINGUISTICS
- HISTORY, ENGLISH (OPT.), ECONOMICS
- HISTORY, ECONOMICS, KANNADA (OPT.)
- HISTORY, KANNADA (OPT.), JOURNALISM
- HISTORY , ECONOMICS, PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- HISTORY , ECONOMICS , PSYCHOLOGY
- ENGLISH (OPT.), JOURNALISM, PSYCHOLOGY
- HISTORY , POLITICAL SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY
- HISTORY, ECONOMICS, SOCIOLOGY
- ECONOMICS, POLITICAL SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY
- HISTORY, KANNADA (OPT), SOCIOLOGY
- HISTORY, KANNADA(OPT), EDUCATION
- HISTORY, SOCIOLOGY, URDU (OPT)
- HISTORY, ECONOMICS, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- HISTORTY, ECONOMICS, SANSKRIT (OPT)
- HISTORTY, ECONOMICS, HINDI (OPT)
Examination : 3 Hours per paper
Maximum marks per paper : 100
Semester - end University Examination : 80 marks
Internal assessment : 20 Marks
Appearance for the Examination
A Candidate should apply for all the subjects of the semester when she appears for the examination of that semester for the first time.
Promotion to Next Higher Semester
For admission to U. G. - III Semester, a student shall pass at least 40% of the course of U. G - I and II semesters put together subject to a minimum of five courses ( excluding the courses, Environmental Science and Constitution of India ) and
For admission to U. G. - V Semester, the student shall pass at least 40 % of the Courses of U. G. - I to IV Semester ( Excluding the courses, Environmental Science and Constitution of India).
News and Events
Copyright © SACS 2014, All Rights Reserved
Best viewed in 1024 X 768 resolution with MSIE 7+